Monday, August 3, 2009

refreshing adventure.

i can only describe this as exhilarating!!! yesterday the heat was killing it. so there i was just laying there in my bed beads of sweat dripping down my forehead. and all i could think of was how to escape this damned heat. i felt like a blob just laying there. then the thought of swimming hole popped into my mind. i had heard there were a few a few minutes outside of vancouver. i mean come on! a cool clean oasis! sounds like and adventure to me. something about my up bringing has taught me to crave adventure and savor it with each bite.
Photobucket
Photobucket
what more could a guy ask for??
Photobucket
another guy who was as stoked as i was said " people don't even know... they go to pools and water parks and pay.. this place is like nature's giant free playground!! they don't even know.. i'd take this over that any day!" then he did a front flip off the water fall. insane.
Photobucket
Photobucket
then as i watched him jump and survive, but jump without a regret in this world... i decided you can't come to a place like this and not experience everything it's got! so i climbed up and went down a few currents til i was where he was. there i was standing not knowing what lay beneath scared as hell to jump. i thought of my life thus far and all the things i cherish in this world. my heart pounding in my chest i freed my mind of regrets and hopes and just lived in that moment. took a deep breath said a quick prayer and thought to myself "no one ever said you'd live forever." and stepped off the cliff.
Photobucket
instant exhilaration. i felt so alive! definitely one of the happiest moments of my life.
Photobucket
i've been thinking about it lately. i mean thinking about "no one ever said you'd live forever.." Jesus said i'd live forever. i think in some way God telegraphed the message to me to live. and live not knowing what tomorrow brings so live vicariously. live for each moment. live knowing you could die at any moment anyways.. so don't live with regrets in your heart. love life.. in that one leap of faith God taught me to enjoy what i have now, enjoy this world and this heaven on earth because thats what it's here for.
Photobucket
"therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of it's own." 
matthew 6:34

life unlimited.